Have you been arrested for a suspected DWI in Springfield or any of the surrounding areas as a result of a failed breath test? Are you wondering if there is any way to fight the charges you will face? Although many people do not realize this fact, a failed breath test does not guarantee a DWI conviction. With the help of an experienced attorney it is entirely possible to fight a breath test. This is true regardless of whether your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) was at or above the legal limit. If any of the following occurred, the firm may be able to use it in your defense to fight your blood test results and get your case dismissed:
- There was no probable cause for the arresting officer to make the traffic stop
- Cough syrup, breath spray, braces, certain types of food or other extenuating factors contributed to a false reading
- An improperly calibrated machine was used in breath testing
- The officer was not adequately trained on how to administer a breath test
- Your results become contaminated in another way
- The arresting office failed to read your Miranda Rights
- You had heartburn or acid reflux at the time of testing
- You have been on a low carbohydrate diet which has resulted in your body producing a substance the breathalyzer could mistake as alcohol
- The results of your breath tests are not comparable to the alcohol you consumed
Failing a breath test can be a very frightening experience. You may feel the obligated to cooperate with the police or explain what you believe may have led to your failed breath test and unfortunate arrest. This is never a good idea. Anything you say can be used in the case the prosecution is building against you. Even seemingly innocent statements can be construed to have a completely different meaning. If you are truly interested in fighting a breath test, you need to waste no time in hiring a Springfield attorney from Worsham Law Firm.
Their attorneys have more than two decades of legal experience. The founding attorney at their firm has a 10.0 Superb Rating on Avvo and was selected for inclusion in the Super Lawyers®
Rising Stars℠ Edition of 2011. They understand the penalties you stand to face and are determined to provide you with the aggressive defense you need to avoid facing the serious charges and penalties of a DWI offense. At their firm you will be treated with the respect and compassion you deserve. If you have been arrested for DWI after failing a breath test,
call their law firm today and schedule to meet with one of their skilled attorneys.